Wednesday 22 February 2012

Grilled Marinated Pork Tenderloin Grilled Asparagus

For my kosher readers please forgive me you can substitute chicken breast or thighs
It is a beautiful day which makes me want to start the barbecue.
I have two pork tenderloins marinating in the fridge.  I like to leave them at least 24 hours and up to 4 days.
Tenderloin is a very lean cut and as in it's name, tender.  It is not the most flavourful meat so I like to marinate it well.
I'm using an Asian marinade and I am making two.  One will be for dinner tonight, one will be used later for one of my favorites Shanghi Noodles.
I'm making the meat with Peanut Udon Noodles which are on my February 7th posting.
My something green will be grilled asparagus - recipe below.  Grilling asparagus take them to a whole new level.

Tip of the Day
  • A porcelain Grill Topper is a must have for grilling.  I use it when grilling asparagus, mushrooms, fish, shrimp scallops and anything else that is small or delicate.  The smaller holes keep food from falling into the grill.
  • Trichinosis is really not an issue in Canada.  I wouldn't suggest eating pork rare but you don't have to cook the life out of it.  Slightly pink will not hurt you.

Marinated Pork Tenderloin 

Ingredients
2 pork tenderloins
4 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon Mirin (Chinese cooking wine)
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar

Instructions
Put ingredients in zip lock bag, add meat and mix meat around in marinade.  Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
Heat grill to 400, place meat on grill, reduce heat to 350.  Turn after 10 minutes.  Cook until the pork feels firm 20 - 30 minutes depending on the size of the meat and your barbecue.
Cover with foil and let meat rest for 10 - 15 minutes before slicing

Grilled Asparagus


Ingredients
1 bunch thin asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Kosher salt

Instructions
While your meat is resting keep the grill on.  Put a "grill topper" (preferably porcelain) on the grill and to heat.
Wash the asparagus.  Remove the "woody" bottoms which will snap off when you hold the woody end hold the the stalk just above the woody end.
Put the asparagus in a plastic bag, add oil and salt and shake to cover.
Place the asparagus on the grill and close.  Check after 3 minutes and move the spears around.  It will be done when it is very lightly charred about 5 minutes.








No comments:

Post a Comment